As a business person, you want to target serious shoppers looking to make purchases either directly from your store or at your online domain. There is no point in attracting traffic to a website only for them to leave without making an inquiry let alone purchases.
Quality traffic means you get serious buyers who are ready to make purchases visiting your website.
SEO helps to build and increase traffic to your website by giving it top web ranking among the search engines. It becomes frustrating though to have many clicks with none making purchases or asking for services.
In order to drive quality traffic to your site, you need to optimize not only for keywords but also for long tail keywords these are essentially key phrases comprising of three or more words. For example, searching for used cars isn’t as effective as searching for BMW used cars under $3,000.
The main advantage of long tail keywords is there is less competition for them in the search engines. When applied effectively, they can drive quality traffic to your domain. Most people who search for specific keywords are likely to be serious buyers in search of the product or service.
It may appear a long shot but there are ideal reasons you should use long tail keywords in your website. They include:
- If you have several back links to your main domain with long tail keywords, they will drive more traffic to this main site in the long term.
- Long tail keywords are ranked higher by search engines since there is less competition for them.
- Long tail keywords attract the best prospects to your site. Since the user knows exactly what they are after, they are likely to purchase items, subscribe to your site and register for e-mail notifications or newsletters.
- Long tail keywords generate higher sales rates since they are focused on the serious buyer. Users who search for particular keywords are most likely to make purchases or hire for services.
- It is highly recommended that you optimize your content for both short and long tail keywords. This will drive traffic to your site as any search criteria by users is likely to stumble on your domain.